What is covered in the course?
- What shortcuts are commonly taken in thinking, and to what effect?
- How can I avoid being tripped up by conventional modes of thought?
- What factors are influencing my current approach?
- How can I recognise personal prejudices moving forward?
- How can I challenge assumptions in my field?
- What tools can I employ to better express my reasoning?
- How can I use these skills to influence other people?
Should I attend?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to deepen their critical thinking skills.
Extend your learning and deepen your critical thinking skills through a highly effective mix of online and face-to-face activities in this blended learning course.
How will I benefit?
Improvements to your quality and clarity of thinking will have direct positive impacts on your work output and personal life. You will optimise your productivity, expand your perceptions, and feel assured in your own estimations.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your workplace will gain a creative, independent thinker with a developed capacity for anticipating problems, predicting demands, and taking initiative. You’ll also be able to share the strategies you learn with colleagues, encouraging precision and ingenuity of thought across the organisation.
AQF Equivalence, Articulation Pathways CPD Points and Certification
- You will receive a soft copy University of Adelaide Certificate of Completion.
- This PACE course may contribute to earning Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points or credit. Many professional associations accredit CPD at a standard rate of 1 hour of professional development / learning = 1 CPD point. This should be used as a guide only and confirmation should be sought from your accrediting body prior to registration in any PACE course or program.
The course has certainly got me thinking! It has provided me with useful tools to deal with different situations, both at work & personally.past participant
Available course dates:
No dates for this course are currently being offered. Please register your interest for future dates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org